Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sweater Time

Our tree is nearly ready for the yarn bomb installation next week, so of course I've jumped into another project. I'm eager to get started on Levenwick, a gorgeous 3/4 sleeve cardi with the classic, yesteryear look that I love so much. I've decided to knit it in Cascade 220 Heathers Celtic, to see if I need to make any adjustments for the fit. Then I may knit a second version in Brooklyn Tweed SHELTER or a silky wool.

I love SHELTER's colors, and the beautiful fabric that it creates, but after walking around with a skein at the store I was concerned that it wouldn't agree with my sensitive skin. After talking with my knitting group, I think I'm going to order a skein, make a scarf and test it out. Maybe a good washing will help. I hope so! It's a really great yarn.

We just have a few pieces left to finish for our tree. I'll post some photos after it's installed and we're allowed to reveal its location.

No comments:

Post a Comment