Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Daddy

My dad passed away on July 4. I don't really know what else to say. I guess I'm still in shock.

Tonight I picked up a knitting project, a patch I'm working on for a tree that my knitting group is covering this fall. As I was knitting, all I could think of was that, when I started this piece, my dad was here. And now he's not. I'm shattered. Utterly shattered.

I knitted as quickly as I could because I just wanted to get the piece over with, to put it away and not look at it again until September. Honestly, I just want to give up on knitting the tree and crawl into bed for a month. But I know that's neither healthy nor right; I need to finish the tree so that I can dedicate it to my dad. Maybe this project will help me to heal.

I did learn something this week. My dad was a serious blogger, and he lives on in his posts. When I miss him, I can go read his thoughts on astronomy, science and comedy. It's difficult, but comforting at the same time. So my hope is that I'll be more dedicated to my humble little blog. Not every post can be witty, or ultra-informative, but maybe they'll mean something to someone. If anything, this blog will keep me accountable to pursuing my passion for knitting.

And so I press on.

1 comment:

  1. Please do add his blog address to your favorites. Would love to check it out. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete