Friday, December 31, 2010

Ambitions

Keep Warm My Babies is close to completion. By completion, I mean the knitting will be finished and I'll have a couple dozen ends to weave in. OK, maybe a hundred. I'm in denial.

Anyhoo, with the end in sight, I'm starting to plan my 2011 knits. For my first project I'll need something fun, a semi-challenge that will give me a jump-start after so much log cabiny garter stitch. I'm thinking it's time to knit Gretel – fun cables, cute fit and I do need a new hat.

After that, I'm going to choose some projects that will help me reach these milestones:
  • I want to finish 2011 with a better knowledge of lace and how it's designed.
  • I want to design my first sweater, or at least learn enough to make that happen in 2012.
  • I want to knit my first pair of socks. I've been avoiding them for no real reason. Perhaps I'm discouraged by the sheer number of stitches that they require, not to mention the fact that they spend most of their life hidden beneath pants and shoes.
Sprinkle in some small projects, some Conan-related items and the occasional gift, and I've got a full year ahead of me. Better get my blanket finished, pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment